Friday, May 17, 2019

Sew Chaotically! ~ Me Made May Day 13, When you love something...set it free!


I love all my me mades!  But some of my early makes were not terribly well done.  Some were not made in the best or most appropriate fabrics.  Some were not really my style.  Some just didn't fit me as they should.  I am happy to say that I have improved in all those categories and super happy when I can find uses for the makes that have issues.  I refashion them when I can - like turning a dress into a skirt as I did here.  But when the garment is sound, what I like best is finding a perfect home where it will be used and loved.  I made this cute little shirt dress (S8014) in 2016 and did a really great job on it!!  It just wasn't quite long enough, especially since given its shape it tends to ride up when you sit!!  So it was rarely worn.  Which made me sad.



















But.....


...it found a home.  On a dear friend of the perfect size!!!  Now it's a PERFECT Me Made!!!
Sew and live and share chaotically! - les

No comments:

Post a Comment