Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Sew Chaotically! - Little denim shirt dress - Simplicity 8014!

I have been loving various versions of denim shirt dresses as seen in magazines and the amazing one Ruthie made!!!  So, when I saw this pattern, noted that it got rave reviews on Patternreview.com, and found the perfect weight chambray...I had to give it a try!!!

I already have the next one cut out!!!
I really have no complaints....no adjustments needed!
I love the curved hem and the double top stitching...though I have to admit I wasn't brave enough to do a contrasting thread...and I did want to keep this look as versatile as possible.  Maybe next time...
I was proud of my insides, too!
And if the thought of making a two piece collar makes you hot under yours while making this face.....
No worries!!!  It went together really well!!!
Maybe it's a little short for 5'9" and 52 years.  But, you know what?  I like it!!!
I think it will be good in the fall with tights and a striped shirt layered beneath....or with a chunky sweater over it....or....    Sew Chaotically!!!! - c

2 comments:

  1. Celeste -- thanks for sharing, you look great! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some nice stitching going on there! It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete