First up is a small adjustment in the 'Monet' dress....pictured here!! I made this back in 2014 y'all (and you can tell!!!) At least time and effort does lead to improvements!!! The main problem with this dress is a poor choice in fabric. It is made from a 'quilting cotton' that had no drape and little give, leaving it boxy. But, I still like the print and though belting helped, it was a bit stiff even for that. So, I attempted a 'fix' that Ruthie had suggested....
|...a bit of elastic encased in the back. Not sure if this was really how you are supposed to do it, but.....|
|I think it helped!!!|
Next, a little t-shirt dress from a pretty knit Ruthie gave me and M6752. It went together very easily and I didn't feel the neck was too wide as some critiques had mentioned. My only tweak was to curve it in just a bit at the waist on either side so that it wouldn't be too gathered by the elastic there.
In whatever way feels right for you...live large and chaotically!!!! (More ASCO to come tomorrow!) - love, c