Friday, June 24, 2016

Sew Chaotically! - Mother's day fabric...now a pretty dress!!! - Simplicity 8125

For this past Mother's Day, B gave me a beautiful garden and fabric!!!  3 yards of a bright blue, leopard print (Yes, that is correct!) in a flowy cotton poly.  He was wise enough to take a pic of the info at the end of bolt with his phone for later use!  Not having a pattern that I thought would suit the fabric....he helped me settle on Simplicity 8125:

This is probably the most difficult pattern attempted, yet best job I have done of any of my sewing projects!!  It went together fairly well, though the facing of the bodice was a bit of a challenge!!!  There are many cute details, that this print covers a bit...like pleats on the sleeves, details of the bodice, and the side slit.  I made a straight 12 and it fits me perfectly!  No fiddling!!  I did shorten the sleeves just a bit...as I feared they would look like long sleeves made unfortunately short, had I left them as they were.  I will certainly be making another version with this pattern.  The shorter one with little flutter sleeves looks interesting!!!



The material had a bit of a linear horizontal and diagonal coloration to it that I think I dealt with well!!!
Bodice...
...and sleeve detail.

Have to go check on my garden!!
Sew Chaotically!!!  Especially when dealing with a blue leopard print!!! - c

3 comments:

  1. Blue leopards are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out SO pretty! It drapes so nicely... Good fabric choice Brent! :)

    ReplyDelete