Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Comic relief...sort of

So the news of my condition has spread like wild-fire through the hallowed medical halls and offices of Erlanger...so much for HIPPA wippa!!! Not that I've kept anything a secret by any means, but it's just interesting how people you barely know rush to those you're close to, with, "Have you heard.....?" Which of course THEY have because you actually TOLD them. Anyhow, a woman physician who is an acquaintance of Brent's (and whom I have never technically met, though I did hear her lecture once, and doesn't know me anymore than Adam's housecat....AND...who has always weighed about double what she should....WHICH I KNOW IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS AND NOT SOMETHING I WOULD NORMALLY MENTION!!!, but you will see the significance of momentarily) came up to Brent yesterday. After, "Oh, my goodness....." She said, "Has your wife considered utilizing a healthful diet with lots of fruits and vegetables?"

WHAT? ?QUE? ?COMO? What the....?

Does this doctor of very little brain think I could have passed on melanoma had I just had a few more servings of carrots? Healthful diet? Does anyone eat more fruits and vegetables than I do, I ask those of you who share my table at home and "in the lunch room"?

You just have to laugh...right after you scream...I suppose. I did consider checking into Erlanger with an alias. I would have liked to have been admitted as Te Sura San (?sp), the main character in a Japanese fairy tale I had when I was a little girl. (My sisters and I would play pretend games as kids and we would be Cinderella, Snow White and Te Sura San for our adventures.) But, I didn't have a Te Sura San ID. :>)

Did my exercises today and managed to do 175 "calories" in the 10 minute workout. So I am proud of that.

Hope you are having a good day. Thanks for always keeping it real. With love - c

3 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you Celeste! I hope he told her that not only did you eat your fruits and veggies, but you eat the ones that no one can correctly pronounce!!! Love Yah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhh... Just ignore people like that! That’s totally ludicrous – but it is a reflection on her, not you. Even random people with no medical knowledge at all would find her bizarre. I’ve never known anyone with a better diet and fitness routine, and it has served you well -- as shown in your amazing recovery from radiation and surgery! You just keep on doing what you're doing. I love you! love, Cinderella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just goes to show you that even smart people can be stupid!!!

    ReplyDelete