Sunday, May 15, 2022

Sew Chaotically! ~ Sustainable Sewing and Visible Mending!

I love to sew but cannot begin to justify making myself a new garment every week.  I am grateful that I have others who need and enjoy things I make.  It was lovely to make Roo's maternity wardrobe and all the quilts, curtains, sheets, blankets, pillow cases and such for the nursery.  The first set of little things for the Jammer were the most fun makes ever!  I've not made anything for myself in quite a while and to be honest, I probably do not NEED any new clothes til the end of my days!!!!  Still, my office heavy wardrobe will be getting a bit of a lift with a few casual and long planned special pieces over the next bit.  There are plans for some summer 'fits for the Lil Man.  Fredo's quilt...





...is pieced and being quilted.  The materials for Roo's are acquired and standing ready. But, recently, I repaired some well loved cords.  Acquired I don't know how many years ago from a shop on St. George which, oddly to my mind - given the geography and summer season - carried an excellent collection of sweaters, jeans and cords.


Reinforced, patched and embroidered with scraps of some of my favorite fabrics and colors, they should be good to go for many years more!!!  

Sew chaotically! ~ les

No comments:

Post a Comment