Monday, May 2, 2022

Across 12 Aprils!

Across Twelve Aprils!  It seems to have been half a minute or 12 lifetimes since April 30, 2010 when the right upper lobe of my lung was removed three days after having radiation to a brain met, all due to melanoma with which I was first diagnosed at Stage IIIB in 2003.  Those events were followed with 2 1/2 years in a phase 1 trial of nivolumab (Opdivo), begun in December 2010.  I first wrote of the beautiful Aprils we are blessed to experience in the TN mountains and the precious touchstone they represent for me in 2014:  Across Four Aprils...a melanoma perspective....  Last year, there was this:  Across ELEVEN Aprils!  This year, B had to remind me we were there!  I have been incredibly blessed - in my very existence; in getting to spend my days with the best bestie B a girl could have; incredible kiddos who are some of the kindest, smartest folks I know; a beautiful zany Jam who I never dared hope I would get to meet, much less share so much joy with; and a lovely garden in which to spend my days.  So, today ~ as a lucky bug ~ I share some of the beauty across my 12th April.

Despite a cold start, spring is finally here!

Probably our best year ever for all the wild azaleas!

My precious cherry trees, planted by dear B in 2008.  Not much more than sticks in the back of his Element.  When we thought surviving melanoma for 5 years, certainly no small thing, meant more than we came to realize. 

I love these bright azaleas against the fresh ferns.

More wild azaleas!







My intrepid beastie bestie!





The Virginia Blue Bells have been so lovely!

Bentie built me two bridges!!  Can't wait to play Billy Goat Gruff with Jam!

I love wild geraniums!





My gigantically gorgeous rhodies!

Still more wild azaleas!


More!!!



Even MORE!!!!!

May Apples ALWAYS make me smile!

The foam flowers have been so pretty.

Here's to more Aprils, thankfulness, dragonflies, turtles, torties, dear ones (big and small), and beauty in precious moments.  ~ les

7 comments:

  1. You are my garden of life and cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my garden of life and cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is always so beautiful! Every April is the best April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roo!!! It wouldn't be the same without lots of help from Yentl and Yertle!!!

      Delete