Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Sew Chaotically! ~ Jam's Layette

As I made Roo's maternity dresses, if there was extra fabric, I stitched a little something for Jam!  As sweet peeps gifted her and the Jamester with cute little outfits, tops and onesies - she went through my knit remnants and we came up with what he needed to complete his outfits for the coming 6 months.  While he has lots of newborn tops and onesies - the boy needed some bottoms!!!  But, I couldn't resist using a bit of Roo's soft citrus knit (her serious fav!) to stitch up just one more little newborn onesie!

Since we figured the little pants can last several months, I didn't make up any 4 month sizes.

I did use these remnants to make up a few 4 month sized tops.

To go with all of the above, I made the cutest little jacket.  The back is a smidge of grey knit I used for one of Roo's skirts.  The sleeves and front pieces are the super soft flannel I used in one of her last dresses, while the collar and sleeve cuffs are made from a scrap of the softest moleskin.

For the bigger guy - HA! - there are some 6-9 month sized tops and little pants.


If we didn't guesstimate perfectly on the sizes, I can always make more!!!  All the little snap neck t-shirts are a free pattern from Small Dreamfactory.  The lap neck onesies are the Baby Bodysuit, also free from Small Dreamfactory.  The cute joggers and the jacket are both from the McCalls 7827 pattern.  B did a great job applying all the needed snaps.  I think Roo and Jamie put together a cute functional layette that was ever SEW much fun for me to make!!!  There will no doubt be more cute outfits to come!!!!!

As Jeanne says so well ~ "Life is good!"  Sew Chaotically! ~ les

2 comments: