Sunday, April 30, 2017

Across SEVEN Aprils!!!


WOW!  Who would'a thunk it?  Seven years ago today the right upper lobe of my lung was removed three days after having had another melanoma met zapped in my brain.  Here's are some of ~ My Aprils

April ~ Perhaps the most beautiful month on my mountain.  April 2010 ~ The month my melanoma journey devolved into complete chaos after having already dealt with the beast for 7 years.  April 1861 ~ The Civil War began.  Across Five Aprils ~ Irene Hunt's beautiful story of the Creighton family, struggling to survive as their country and family were torn apart in the border state of Illinois during all the years of the Civil War.  April 11, 1865 ~ Two days after General Lee's surrender, Abraham Lincoln began his last speech, "We meet this evening, not in sorrow, but in gladness of heart."  April 14, 1865 ~ Lincoln was shot by John Wilkes Booth at a theater in Washington D.C.  He died the next day.  April 2010 ~ I started this blog.  Writing this: Chaotically Precise  And this: Life  April 2017 ~ Fourteen years after a melanoma diagnosis.  7 years Stage IV.  I am here.  Still...

So.....here is my view THIS April...from my bit of mountain...

































No matter where you are, no matter what position you currently find yourself in...  Happy Spring! Too often, my melanoma peeps endure an incredibly difficult civil war within. However, there is beauty, there is hope, there is strength others can share when we are too tired to go it alone.  My Bentie's love and care are in full bloom each day of every year...but never more pointedly than now....through the cherry trees he planted...for me...ten years ago...


They bloom for you, too.  ...Not in sorrow, but in gladness of heart. ~ love, les

1 comment:

  1. Happy Spring! The flowers are beautiful. I am a sucker for chipmunks.

    ReplyDelete