Saturday, March 16, 2019

Sew Chaotically! ~ Scrap busting for the love of Linden


As mentioned here, over the past several months I've organized my fabric and begun a variety of projects to utilize my "scraps"; embracing the challenge of using bigger remnants to fashion useful, fun garments including turning the remains from this Toaster sweater into a pretty and much needed gown.  My love for the ease and versatility of Grainline Studio's Linden Sweatshirt has been evidenced more than once!  I've used it to create a trio of sister sweatshirts that incorporated silk as well as knits, a workout top for Roo, a soft, comfy tee for myself, and a funky cropped top as well.  When I saw the little sweatshirt pictured to the right in an Eddie Bauer catalog, I knew exactly how to use a few more bits.  With fabric left from a previous version of another Toaster sweater and McCall's 7244 knit dress, I was ret tah go!


Yep, when you're using remnants creative piecing is sometimes required!!!
I think I did good, y'all!!!  A fun, usable play top from bits that would otherwise have languished on a shelf or ended up in the bin!  
Happy spring!  Sew chaotically and enjoy your own - #scrapbusting! ~ les

1 comment: