Friday, March 8, 2019

Sew Chaotically! ~ Nikko plus Melrose = fab 'dress' and separates for all your super woman needs!!!


AND - it's FREE!!!!
Sometimes a plan you didn't know you had comes together perfectly!!!  In this case, I had long been thinking of making a Melrose skirt by Aime Comme Marie (Like Like Mary) as well as a sleeveless Nikko top by True Bias and had both patterns ready to go!!  Then, B appeared with the gift of 3 yards of a soft, drapey, yet substantial grey knit jersey!!!  I love the ease of dresses ~ you throw it on and it's one and done!!!  So I was seriously tempted to use the fabric for a Nikko dress (and I know there will certainly be one in my future)!  But, how cool are separates as wardrobe extenders that allow the creation of TONS of outfit opportunities???  Thus the grand plan of a Melrose skirt to combine (or not!!) with a Nikko top!!!!


I posted my story of the Nikko top previously here.  It is as fab to wear and make as so many sewists have raved.  I've already worn the two I made a ton!!!  When combined with the Melrose skirt, the result is as easy and 'put together' as I had hoped!  The skirt was super easy to stitch up.  The only hiccough was the fact that in the process of stitching on the wide exposed elastic waistband - it stretched out a bit.  I fixed the problem by taking a wedge out of it and the waist of the skirt itself at the back seam.  Doable, just unanticipated.  I'm looking forward to using both pieces together and separately as the weather warms - worn here with tights and a jacket when heading out for errands!



As we celebrate the beauty and power of womanhood - wear what you want the way you want!!! 


For all strong women everywhere, making pennies to the dollars made by their male counterparts - who take care of their children, our children, and the world - most especially including all the dear amazing soul sisters who take care of me!! - HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY!!!!  You deserve a day of celebration (along with equal rights, equal salaries, equal opportunities for education and leadership positions) and so much more!!! - love, les

1 comment:

  1. Those are both great pieces and you are right ~ they can be utilized in so many different ways! The way you have it styled here looks beautiful, as do you! :)

    ReplyDelete