Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Sew Chaotically! ~ Rose, a floral beauty!!! (Oh, and M7349.)


I first made this dress in pink here.  This pattern is a dream to sew and excellent for Rosie.  It fits her body, style and life perfectly.  She picked this Telio Brazil Stretch ITY knit from fabric.com and has been eagerly waiting for me to sew it up.  I made the first dress in a fuchsia stretch poly/rayon jersey from Mood as a test case.  She loved this fabric so much I didn't want to ruin it!!!  In fact, I was a little worried about working with it given its slippery feel and lovely drape.  However, it was actually much easier to work with than the jersey with no rolling or slipping when pinning or under the machine and easier to wear with no cling!  With the large print and princess seaming in the dress, I didn't worry about pattern matching per se, but focused on flow of color.  I carefully chose the placement of one flower in the front and went from there, working to keep the yellow and orange pansies in general rows around the skirt ~ and I think I did!!!  BUT!!  I am most psyched about the neck band!  Not only does it lay perfectly, check out that color placement.  Ha!!  Can you tell I am inordinately pleased with myself???  Mostly, I am happy because Roo LOVES it!!



There's lots of styling potential from boots to sandals, sweaters to jackets, or on its own!

So pretty!!  The dress, too.  Love my girl.  Sew chaotically!!! - les

2 comments:

  1. Love that on Rose! Fits her perfectly and the colors are made for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it turned out really well!!

    ReplyDelete