Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Sew Chaotically!! ~ Let Them Eat Cake!!! Two knit tops!!! M6282 and B5354


Early this month I had a cutting fiesta!!!!

From the top, then right round:  Exploding Grainline Morris Blazer, a foxy flannel Simplicity 8014 shirt dress, Sewaholic's Hollyburn skirt in pink quilted 'satin', Simplicity's 1072 striped sweatshirt and pencil, pink jersey ruched McCall's 6282, and finally Butterick's 5354 in a yellow knit.  And today...only the foxy shirt dress is not complete!!!

You've seen the Pink Frosting!!  Post coming soon on the Morris Blazer as well as Simplicity's sweatshirt and pencil skirt.  Here's a review of the two little knit tops!!!

This was my first make using this pattern and it's great!!!  It went together perfectly and is easy to stitch up.  With my next make from this pattern I will use a bias binding technique at the neckline for a nicer finish, as the facing the pattern uses in the front gets a bit bulky with all the pleats and the back portion of the neckline is only folded under.  
I made a version of this top in the spring here.  There I tried cutting the back on the fold rather than utilize a center back seam, in which the pattern advises placement of a zipper.  As this is a knit with a wide neck, a zipper is not necessary.  BUT - in order to complete the lining neatly and as instructed by the pattern, you DO need to include the center back seam!  In this iteration, I included the CB,  left it open until the lining was complete, and then just stitched it straight up - in a long line with the lining. THAT worked perfectly!!  I used a remnant of the pink knit jersey left from the making of this dress for the outer layer and cut the lining from a smidge of the yellow knit I used in the top above.
If you are in need of a little quick, useful cake in your wardrobe, I highly recommend both of these knit tops!!!  Sew chaotically! ~ les

2 comments:

  1. These are great and Rose will be able to combine them with a lot of stuff for some cute outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes....I think these tops will serve her really well. I don't think the yellow fabric will hold up terribly long...but I can make her more as needed easy peasy!

    ReplyDelete