Monday, November 12, 2018

Honoring MY vets!!!!!


Our country, our rights, our peace, our prosperity - the very life we are fortunate to lead in the United States of America - we have only through the hard work, dedication, strength, willingness to serve, and even fall, of our military personnel past and present.  I am personally blessed to have three of these amazing veterans in my family!!!!

My dear brother-in-love, Frankie!!!  Tours in so many places.  An amazing career, from which he recently retired, in the Air Force.  (Yep!!  Ruthie made that beautiful dress with fabric Brent and I got her in Spain.  Y'all know I have to share deets like that!!!)


And Ruthie herself!!!  Not only did she serve us all, as a spouse to a husband who was career military - raising children, holding down jobs, helping her peeps in all kinds of ways - often as a "single mom" when Frank was deployed, served in the Marine Corp herself!!! 
 My sister Carla is also a proud Marine, who among other things played a significant role in keeping planes, pilots, and supplies flying to the troops who needed them in the first Gulf War.  (This pic is from a conference in Nashville where she was speaking in her current role as investigator for the ADL that Ruthie and I attended on our way to Tampa for more Nivo/Opdivo a few years ago!!)


Thanks is not enough.  Still, I offer it sincerely to MY vets, all those who went before them, and those who continue to serve.  No, I will not forget the service and sacrifice our veterans so generously provide to make our country and the world a better place.  Happy Veterans Day. - c

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww! And yes, thanks to all of our past, present and future military members.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having you two at that speaking event in Nashville meant the world to me!

    ReplyDelete