Thursday, May 7, 2020

Sew Chaotically! ~ For the Love of Landers!!!


I've had this post ready for a while - but the current crazy of disease and loss around the globe put me off sharing such things for a while.  But, joy helps.  In whatever form you prefer.  So, here it is....

I love my Landers, pattern by True Bias.  They are perfect.  Keep the pockets for fun and utility. Lose them, fit them a bit tighter, and you basically have The Persephone Pants without buying another pattern!  BTW - the 1 inch seam allowance provided in the pattern's side seam makes fitting them a dream!  The pattern is incredibly well drafted and there is an excellent sew along on the website!

My first pair, in a fairly light weight twill.
My second in a thick wide rib cord.
And if those weren't enough - I made TWO more - in denim for Roo and myself!


The button fly goes together like a dream and the insides lend themselves to cute bindings and pocket interiors!


In honor of my birthday girl, looking at her Momma, like she's crazy, cause she is!  BAHAHA!  Shown wearing her Landers with her numbers top B5895!
My pair from a lighter weight and Roo's in a heavier denim.  Except for length, they measure exactly the same in all other dimensions.  Both are size 8 and stitched at the 1 inch side seam.  HOWEVER!!  For mine I took in an additional 1/4 inch to both sides, grading to nothing at the top of the pocket.  For Roo's I pinched out an equivalent amount at the back center seam!  THE POWER OF SEWING for a perfect fit!!!!  I used a curved waist band for both pairs.
My Landers are worn with the Nikko Top, also by True Bias, another great pattern!
Happy, happy, birthday my sweet Roo!  I loooooooove you!  Hopefully we'll get to play TOGETHER again soon!  Happy day to each of you as well. - les

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful pair and beautiful pairs of pants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to make both pairs. And fun when I could hug my girl!! Now we have social distanced dinners out doors - either at her house or ours at separate tables. Such strange times!

      Delete