Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Sew Chaotically! ~ Adrienne Blouse by Friday Pattern Company


Lots of sewists have been tickled with this pattern - The Adrienne Blouse from the Friday Pattern Company.  It is really simple to stitch up.  I made a medium with no adjustments other than making sure the length of the elastic in the shoulders suited my frame.  I used a rather ethereal knit (also used for a Monroe Turtleneck here).  Given its transparency I made the bodice in a double layer, using a single layer in the sleeves.  Once complete, I had a personal adventure of testing it out with a variety of handmades I already had in my closet!

Paired here with one of my all time fav pants patterns, McCall's 7726, wide legged faux paper-bag waist trousers!!, made in early 2018.
Next up, The Berlin Skirt from Orageuse, also stitched in early 2018 from a luxurious corduroy I picked up in an amazing fabric shopping adventure on Goldhawk Road in London.
Then, in this amazingly smooth and drapey bird print sweet Ruthie gifted me, there is this Hollyburn skirt (a really great pattern I've made several times) that due to some personal obstacles and our current crazy times, has not seen the wear it deserves!
And finally, rather back where we started, though with a new make, the slim legged version of the McCall's 7726 trouser!!
So, YES!!!  I can pair this top with many makes!!!  You probably can, too!  Thankss for a great pattern, Friday Pattern Company! ~ Sew Chaotically! ~ les

1 comment:

  1. That looks so pretty on you! All of your pairings look great.

    ReplyDelete