Friday, February 2, 2018

Chaotic Cookery! - From Someone Else's Table: Caldo Verde


Happy Friday, everybody!!!  I have done rather poorly in putting up my Chaotic Cookery posts of late, however, this one is too easy and delicious NOT to share!!  Big thanks to Bee Made for her wonderful recipe.  Yep!  She's the same Bee who made the beautiful red pin stripe Berlin Skirt!!!

Check out her recipe in the link above.  I used ham, though chorizo would be awesome, but I didn't have any, and did add onion to my greens.  Sooooo good!
In other news....I am finally feeling better after spending the past three weeks sick!  First with the crud, followed by the flu!!!  But, I've turned the corner and exercised yesterday!  It was painful, but it's done!!!  January was a bit tough!  Missed two days of work due to the flu, but worked 4 extra  - however, that works out!  My sweet B has bossed and babied me back to health!!

In my bookish world, I recently finished Meacham's book, Thomas Jefferson:  The Art of Power.  It is sad that our democracy still seems to hang as precariously in the balance now, as in Jefferson's lifetime.  How I miss having a president who could speak eloquently and deliver complicated concepts, plans and dreams in terms made understandable for the masses!  Hell!  At this point, I'd be thrilled with complete sentences!  But...I digress.  Or maybe not.  About half through Fire and Fury, Inside the Trump Whitehouse.  Hmmm.... It would be nothing more than National Enquirer drivel were it not for the fact that it involves the leader of our nation and contains more than a kernel of truth.  Sad!  And, finally, I'm about a quarter through, Anthony Trollope's The Way We Live Now.  In some ways it is a bit of a soap opera, but so well written that one can't stop reading.   What a shame that a story of Victorian England remains timely in light of the #METOO movement and slow recognition that women are all too commonly - still - relegated to positions of second class citizens.  #TIME'SUP for realz!!!!

For a sewing diversion, I've been having the best time with my Pink quilted/grey moleskin Celestine Jacket, pattern from Le Laboratoire Familial!!!
I can't yet tell if it is going to be atrocious or fantastic!  But, it has been great fun!  It is almost done and I will bore you with all the crazy later.  But...I have to wait for these....


Hee hee!!! I ordered these pink frogs for closures, cause, like I told Ruthie, "...when it is already too much...it needs MORE!!!!!!!!!!!"

Make the soup!  Stay well.  Enjoy your crazy!  Happy February!  Spring will be here soon! - love, les

No comments:

Post a Comment