Friday, August 11, 2017

Sew Chaotically! - Summer of Basics Make-Along - Garment #3 - B6378 in a bookish Liberty of London print!


In July I picked out and started work on my 3 garments for the Summer of Basics Make-Along to include:
Garment #1:  The BEST pants - Butterick 6178

...and this...Lisette B6464, Liberty of London Top, Garment #2!
This combo completes items #1 and #2 who really do play well together, and on their own, in my chaotic little world!
Here's the final garment!!!
B6378, in - I guess you'd say - View D, but without the tie, the uneven hem, and a neat pleat tucked into a small cuff to finish the sleeves rather than the elastic finish the pattern called for.

A soft simple blouse in this bookish Liberty print in my favorite colors!

I think I dealt with the subtle "stripe" in the print successfully!

I was going to add the thin tie if needed, but the "collar" and neck line stood up well on their own, so I was pleased about that!

There are soft intentional (!!!) gathers to the sleeves and shoulder seams.

Given all the pretty sleeve treatments I've been examining lately and the lovely drape of this fabric, I thought I could do better than a simple elastic, gathered finish!
It seemed a simple pleat and narrow band might achieve the look I was after.

And I think it did!!!
It is a basic for work!  (If you ever 'graduate' again, Frankie, this will be my outfit!!!)


It's a basic for PLAY!!!

And....

...I think it is perfect with my BEST pants!!!

Sew....there you go!  The fab finish to my Summer of Basics Make-Along!!! 
This was super fun and fit in with my sewing plans generally, in making things that I truly love, that really work for my life and style!  Thanks to  Fringe Association and Grainline Studio for going to the trouble to develop and spread the word about this fun project!

#summerofbasics  #sob17bestcombo  #sob17finisher

Excited about all the summer sewing things I've learned and looking forward to fall sewing plans!
Sew chaotically! - love, les

1 comment:

  1. These all turned out so well, and they are all so versatile! Everything fits you perfectly ~ in dimensions as well as style! (And I don't know if Frankie will agree to more graduations, he will just keep this up forever!)

    ReplyDelete