Thursday, September 19, 2019

Sew Chaotically! ~ Kalle Shirtdress in a crazy print!



I really enjoyed making, and have loved wearing, my bright Kalle Shirt!  So when something works ~ why not rev up the bright in a Kalle Shirtdress?  Making deets:  Lengthened the dress and smoothed out the high low hem just a bit. (See changes to Kalle Shirt in link above, then lengthened by 7 inches.) Used the collar stand piece as collar since I wanted a taller look than the band collar included provided.  Chose the inverted pleat to the back again.  Fabric used was listed as an African Wax print at Fine Fabrics in Norcross, GA.  And while I like it, I don't think that is the case!  It was coated with "something" when purchased, but I planned on washing it all along.  It is now a sort of stiffer gauzy/linen like like piece.  I used the "wrong" side in making.  (If you think THIS side is bright, you should see the other one!!!  HA!)  I have enjoyed it belted and un.  Am looking forward to using it as a "duster" and layering piece with jeans in the fall.  Overall, quite happy with how it turned out!  Thanks, Closet Case Patterns for a great make!



Happy Sewing! Sew and live chaotically!! ~ les

2 comments:

  1. That store has an amazing selection of African wax prints. That made a pretty dress, and it will be cute as a duster too! I'm gonna have to check out the other side of that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl! It has a chartreuse green "vine" going through even more brightly colored flowers!! BAHAHAHAHA!!! It will poke you in the eye for real!

      Delete