Sunday, September 15, 2019

"Baby, how you feel'n?"


"Feel'n good as Hell!"  Gotta love Lizzo!! 

There are certainly days and circumstances in life that prevent such an answer!!!  Still, perspective seems to be the largest part of what is required to feel good.  I've known healthy peeps of all ages who wallowed in every small misery (physical and social) they experienced daily.  I've been blessed to meet incredible individuals, children to octogenarians, who - despite dealing with physical pain from cancer and other maladies, broken families, personal loss, daily struggles of all kinds - were resilient with a ready smile and forward looking approach to the crazy life threw at them.  These astonishing souls weren't in denial or "faking it" either!!!  If asked, they would frankly and honestly share their difficult experiences without batting an eyelash!  But, that was not their focus.  Living, learning, sharing a laugh and real connection, the wonder of it all - was.  These folks didn't ignore the difficulties of others either!!  Some were the most amazing activists, working daily to make the world a better place for all of us.

Like them, I too have the choice.  I can realize the difficulties the world faces and choose to hide, become depressed, or act! I can focus on my negatives, my pain, my worries.  Or - I can choose the light.

"I do my hair toss.  Check my nails.  Baby, how you feel'n?  Feel'n good as Hell!!!"

Thanks, Lizzo. - les

2 comments: