Friday, March 30, 2018

My sweet Tare Tare. Still holding you in my heart.


She was 6 months old.  I was 19.  It was love at first sight.  We grew up together.  She taught me much about how to do my job.  I don't know that I taught her anything.  Once she started jabbering everything was "double"!  Her name.  Lotion was lo-lo.  Diapers were diap-diaps.  I locked her doctors in the medicine room once because one would come by and order "NPO!!!" (Nothing by mouth.)  A few minutes later, her other would write "Diet as desired!!" until her parents and I were ready to scream.  Yes, once forced to chat they came to their senses.  They were two of the best docs and men I have ever met.  I seem to have been able to keep at least one of them in line for a few years, now. Tarren was a style maven from the start!!!  Sooooooo mannny lacy dresses were installed over central lines and feeding tubes!!!  I laid under sterile drapes with her so that she would not be alone when lines were placed.  I carried her on my hip as I made rounds.  We laughed at so many silly things.  I cried with her family when things were tough.  And I would do it all again.  Very few days go by when I don't think of you and your dear family, Tarren.  But, Easter is especially sweetly poignant because of you.





I will hold you in my heart as long as it beats.  Much love to you and yours. ~ Les les

No comments:

Post a Comment