Sunday, October 22, 2017

Travel Chaotically! - Fall begins to come to the mountains


While I LOOOOOOVE traveling....pretty much anywhere!!!!! - I try to make sure I take the time to appreciate and enjoy my home!!!  (Well, 2 hours away from my actual home...but you get the idea!)  So, earlier this week...B and I took a walk in the woods...Cades Cove, here in the Smoky Mountains...

It is hard to find a walk, ANYWHERE in the world, that is prettier than along the Middleprong.

Beauty in things great...

...and small.



My hiking buddy on Bote Mountain Trail...no bears today!

Color is just creeping in...

...but how beautiful is this brown and white number?


"I think that I shall never see a poem as lovely as a tree...."


Beauty.  Nature.  Best friends.  Stopping to smell the moss and open my eyes to the world around me.  A new report concludes that pollution is linked to 9 million deaths world wide.  Four American heroes were killed in Niger.  One billion people are currently suffering from hunger across the globe.  More than 87,000 folks will be diagnosed with melanoma in 2018 in the U.S. alone.   A flipping hurricane hits Ireland.  Acres and acres...of HOMES....not forest...burned in California.  American citizens are without clean (much less running) water and power in Puerto Rico.  Still.  More than a month after the hurricane that struck the island.  Healthcare is at risk in America.  Men with power continue to abuse it and those around them.  We need to do better.  We CAN do better!! But if you need to re-set, re-group, re-charge....take a walk in the woods.  Then ~ we begin again!!! - love, les

No comments:

Post a Comment