Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to work!

How lucky am I?!!!! I arrived at work this morning to find a cute scrap-booked poster with photos and bubble comments and big letters welcoming me back hanging in the hall as the first thing I saw as I walked in!!! It made me smile. (Thank you , Hannah!!!!) Then........I got flowers and cake and cheese and snacks of all sorts and doughnuts!!!! I work with crazy people!!! The best sort of people in the world!!!

It was great to be back with my friends and taking care of my patients. Had to get back in the groove, but I think I got there. Sweet Diana had to give me all the updates and help me stay caught up!!! Was glad to find that I spoke Spanish just as badly as I did when I left....but my patients understood me and I them, so it was all good. (Brent and I are working on our Spanish together, as of this past Sat, although he is so far ahead of me that I told him he couldn't turn into a bossy, demanding teacher, or I wouldn't play his games!!)

To all of you at Peds Care...I thank you for all that you have meant to me and my family for all these years. You have made me feel special, given me the strength and opportunity to help children and their families in a way that I have always wished to do, and supported me when I needed it most. It means more than you know.

Better get to bed with my silly self. 0500 came early this morning. Haven't had to do that in a while!!!

May you work with colleagues like mine....then you don't have to call it work - c

3 comments:

  1. Ok so I was all into the sweet words until i got to the "may you work w/ colleagues like mine...then you dont have to call it work".. Do we have the same colleagues???? cause girl work is one of the better words i call it!!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll see what I mean when you come back tomorrow!!! Love you. C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you work with such nice people!

    I love you!
    --Kik

    ReplyDelete