Monday, July 27, 2020

Sew Chaotically! ~ Sewing Quarantine-while = Summer Scrap Busting!


Waste not, want not.  Figured I might as well turn these bits and bobs into some breezy summer tops.

Roo really liked the Merchant and Mills fabric I used for their Dress Shirt, so I turned my last smidge into a Polly Top, a FREE pattern from By Hand London, for her! 
Had to cut two pieces for the back, rather than cutting one on the fold and had to piece one of those at that.  The solid front section is pieced as well!!  Still, it should keep my girl cool and cute while she is working in her yard!
Here's a double save.  I shortened a little rtw tank I never wore into a cool crop top for Rosie and used what I think must have been a silk table runner, part of some pieces Kay gave me when clearing out some of her fabric stash, to make up a Wrap skirt, another FREE pattern!  This one is courtesy Peppermint and The Fabric store.
The tie is pieced...and a little bit too stiff for the skirt...but hey - that's what I had on hand!
This project was useful for turning scraps into a cool summer top, but also served as a wearable muslin! I used the last bit of a lovely shirting I used in making Freddo's Christmas shirt ~


~ to stitch up The Basic Blouse (a shortened version of The T-shirt Dress) from the Nani Iro Sewing Studio book.  Consistent with the theme here, I had to piece the back!
But, I have a wearable top and discovered that the s/m of this pattern is aces.  I did drop the front neckline just a tad and lengthened the sleeves.  I think my plans for the dress will work out well, as the intended fabric is even more fluid.
A strange mish mash of makes which seems appropriate for the crazy mish mash that is our world just now.  At any rate, working on them kept me occupied and the finished products should provide some useful wear.  Stay cool.  Stay safe.  Keep your distance.  WEAR A MASK!!!  And as always ~ live and sew chaotically! - les

No comments:

Post a Comment