Thursday, July 23, 2020

Sew Chaotically! ~ A lovely first excursion! Cades Cove Loop and the Petula Top, by Republique du Chiffon


In this crazy time, we have stayed put.  B picks up groceries curbside from Wally World after ordering on-line.  I've been out only for a couple of required doctor visits - my 3 month recheck which included an abdominal ultrasound due to ascites on my last CT.  B hypothesized at the time that it was fluid accumulation secondary to the 9 zillion biopsies that were done during a follow-up  colonoscopy just prior to the CT.  And so it must have been as it was resolved on ultrasound.  The subsequent MD visit was uneventful and all labs, including protein markers for my ex-goblet cell adenocarcinoma, were all normal.  So....enough of that biz for three months anyway.

We have visited all the kiddos in a weird quarantine-while sort of way.  Going up to Knoxville to visit Fred and Irina a couple of times - socially distancing, while sharing a meal outside on separate tables outdoors.  The same when going over to Roo and the Jamester, or having them here.  We sit outside one place and they sit in another.

In an early spring visit to Freddo, we did take a driving tour of Cades Cove Loop.  It was lovely as ever and I got wear a new light as air blouse.  The Petula by Republique du Chiffon in pink dotted Swiss.

I probably could have gone down a size, but made a 40 with no mods in that regard.  However, I did make the sleeve cuffs and front placket as one piece that I folded, rather than two pieces sewn together as the pattern recommends.  And one more time ~ why no seam allowance Republique du Chiffon?  WHY?????  The pants were made in 2017 from a pattern I wore in high school - M2077.  Still going strong!



It makes a pretty little top, doesn't it?




Yes.  We saw a bear!  I mean, you'll have to take my word for it!  HA!  It was in a different field from the one I was in!  Keeping our distance from dangerous creatures - those that are visible and those that are not!
Stay safe.  Much love and virtual hugs! - les

2 comments: