Sunday, July 19, 2020

Sew Chaotically! ~ Merchant and Mills fabric and The Dress Shirt!


This pattern and fabric combo is a Merchant and Mills double win!  The pattern is their Dress Shirt made up in 'red red wine', a light cotton block print with a stitched line running through it from their shop in Rye. Both are soooooo good!  I made up a straight size 12, with an inverted front pleat, in the longest length.  I cut the bib in one piece across the grain so as to make the most of the stripe.  I did assemble things in a slightly different order than the pattern recs so as to have clean finishes inside.


Oddly enough, I've been in Rye!!!  Years ago we had a fabulous trip to London with the kiddos and made a circular excursion via the train with stops in Bath and Rye!  We had a lovely visit in the old town and even shopped along the main streets, including at stop at "My Sweet Old Etc." (Yes, it was named after the E.E. Cummings poem!!!!  I asked!) But, I didn't even notice this amazing fabric shop!!!!  Who knew years later I would love it so - albeit from afar????!!!!










And because such good material can't go to waste - I made a matching headband...

...along with quite a few others!  They are a bit addictive!  They are made using a FREE pattern from Isabella of What Bella Made She makes many beautiful things, so be sure to check her out!!!
Just a few more for a dear friend!!!

In the midst of all the crazy, there is still beauty in the simple things!!!    Sew chaotically! ~ les

2 comments:

  1. That turned out so cute with the stripe variation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That material is pretty amazing!!! I was happy to feel as though I did it justice.

      Delete