Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Chaotic Cookery! ~ French Daub, my version!!


 I've been cooking for years and years!  Literally:

Yep!  That's me at the age of 3, rolling out pie dough!!  I still love cooking.  I once wrote:  It is an artistic outlet with love and utilitarianism combined.  For me, cooking is fun, relaxing, and provides a delicious result!!  But, better than all those things, it allows me to share time and love with dear ones.  Brent and I worked hard to make sure that we sat down to dinner with the kids EVERY DAY!  It was a precious opportunity to share our day, laugh, and EAT!!!  We are all hardy and adventurous eaters which added to our cooking fun.  For us, our travels often began in the kitchen with a cookbook and culminated in bringing the tastes and smells discovered on our adventures back home, as we worked to recreate dishes we had enjoyed.  Which brings me to this....

As I clipped recipes and documented my own, I kept them in this black spiral notebook.  Eventually, the kids dubbed it the "Black Magic Cookbook" and made this cover!

If you want the best "Beef Stew" in the world, there's just no competition.  Simply turn to Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon!  You can't beat it.  For an easier, cheaper, yet still really delicious version there are lots of French Daubs.  Here's mine...
Do NOT get hung up on specific quantities or ingredients!  It's stew after all!  Add what you like.  Don't want to use wine, use extra broth or water.  Don't like carrots?  Leave them out.  Got some mushrooms wasting away in your fridge?  Toss them in!!!

Stew is not the most photogenic dish!

But on a cold day in January, it is a beautiful the thing. And if you aren't careful, your bowl will empty before you remember to take a pic!
Now, if only some birds would come to my feeder!!

Guess they heard me!!  HA!
May you enjoy a lovely winter day!!  And, if you're up to it - a little Chaotic Cookery!!! - love, les

No comments:

Post a Comment