Friday, December 21, 2018

Capecitibine smack down on Day #5!! "Ain't no skate'n with this $h*t!" ~ B


I was all set to write a jolly holiday post today after a really fun day with my critters yesterday!  It was splendid as I was feeling pretty well and their work/family schedules allowed them to visit at the same time.  It was great to get to be together to share a meal, talk and play!!!!  (Thanks, kiddos!!!  It was lovely and that post WILL happen!)

Over the past few days, the weird capecitibine rashes returned  ~ creating slightly itchy, but simultaneously tender, red papules to hands, palms, arms and face with dry, tan, cracked and peeling macules on my arms and legs.  Burning to palms and soles has been increasing intermittently.  But, I was still feeling rather cocky!  Four days into capecitbine I was only stooling 3-4 times a day.  Had one episode of cramping that was managed pretty well with Levsin.  But, at 0500 this morning, Capecitibine showed me who was boss with significant epigastric pain that rapidly spiraled into overall abdominal cramping with pain radiating to my back!  I tried tea and pepcid (which I've been taking daily for months) initially.  But, as the pain progressed B brought me levsin and marinol.  I've been resting a bit and it is a little better now.

I told B, "I thought I was going to skate through more easily this time."  Looking a bit grim, he replied, "Ain't  no skate'n with this $h*t!"  Adding, "You are again, dealing with colitis from the capecitibine."

Based on B's research and our conversations with my oncologist on how to manage this sort of thing, there will be no capecitibine for me today.  We'll see what happens tomorrow!!! - les

OH!!!  Marinol haze was about to make me forget!!  As most of you already know, I have also been dealing with residual Oxaliplatin created neuropathies that do seem to be improving gradually.  But, there is also this....

...a pic I took yesterday of my right arm.  The red streak is emanating from my last oxaliplatin infusion site.  Yes, oxaliplatin eats veins for breakfast.  Yes, it hurts like a booger.   Still not skate'n through that $h*t either!!!  But, I will!!  Someday!!!!!! - les

2 comments:

  1. All of that stuff is just horrible. Hopefully worth your pain and suffering though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope so!! But, it is done now!!!

    ReplyDelete