I will never be able to fully express what your outpouring of support has meant to me over these past weeks. You have all been a light in my darkness. Your messages on the board, my blog and via email have warmed my soul, brought sweet tears, and made me laugh. These are no small things! I have also been enjoying a beautiful bouquet! While I am unsure where to direct my thanks specifically, it has been a lovely treat.
MPIP is indeed a special place because of each of us!! Yes, just as in families and the best communities, we each have our own special niche. It often falls to Janner to help coax the newly diagnosed down from their perch with grace and patience, simultaneously walking them through their path report with skill. I have seen many more of you stepping up here as well. Yes, I have long been the resource for "data explained", researched "one more option" for my dear Stage IV peeps in need, and certainly pursued my various soap boxes over the years....
- YES! Immunotherapy works in the brain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- YES! People deserve anti-PD-1 even though ipi is available!
- Adjuvant care is real and valuable and needed!!!
- YES! YES! YES! Radiation and immunotherapy work better together and therefore can and SHOULD be administered together!
- YES!!! You can and SHOULD treat side effects of immunotherapy, even with steroids if needed.
- Immunotherapy takes time. Be patient with the patient.