Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Sew Chaotically! - New work-out top!!


You might remember:  Sew Chaotically! - Exercise tops for Roo - M7610

They were a hit, but she had requested that they be a bit longer and I wanted to add this little back detail with inspo from an Athleta top!!!  With some purple and black athletic mesh from Mood, I was ret tah go!!!!
I scooped out the neck by about an inch as I had done previously. Lengthened the entire top by about 2 inches and created a curved hem.  I serged the neckline, arm holes, and bottom after attaching one respective edge, but before attaching the final side or shoulder seam.  Finished the garment.  Folded all serged edges under, and top stitched them down with a small zig-zag.
For the straps in the back I cut a strip about 1.5 inches wide.  Folded both edges to the center, then folded that in half, with both raw edges now within the band, and top stitched it together with the same small zig zag.
She loved it!!!  She is a purple durple, after all!!
I think she rocked it!!! Sew chaotically!!! - les

No comments:

Post a Comment