Saturday, January 13, 2018

Sew Chaotically! - Toaster Sweater from Sew House Seven, Version 1


This sweater pattern, from Sew House Seven, has gotten great reviews from a variety of sewists and I know why!!  It's awesome.  I snatched up the pattern when I happened upon a Makers Fair just after a visit to Hampton Court!!!  I stitched it up in a rich, soft, not-too-thick, navy blue French terry, that my camera refused to photograph well, acquired in my fabric shopping adventures on Goldhawk Road.  It is comfy and cozy without being too boxy or shapeless.  It stitches together very quickly and easily.  I made 'version 1' size medium.  My only changes were to add 2 inches to the length of the body, then added the waist band as prescribed.  But, had to cut 1 inch OFF the main sleeve before adding the cuff as directed.








When you have to give your sissie a shout out mid sew and show her how proud you are of your finished seams!!!!



I've worn it a good deal this winter, having finished it at the end of last year.  In fact, I have two more knit tops to share before moving on to 2018!!!!  As my first sews of this year, in a bit of a closet clean out, I hemmed a pair of pants, fixed two with waist band gappage at the back, slimmed down some slacks with too large a "bell" at the bottom, re-hemmed those, and turned a dress into a skirt!
Since it came with a matching fabric belt, my questionably matching fabric as waistband will be covered.  I think it will be fab!!!  However, I am Scott boy stoked about the project I'm working on now!!!  Here's a sneak peak:


I'm sew excited!!!  Have a great weekend and Sew Chaotically!!! -  les

1 comment:

  1. You are a super productive sewist! That pullover looks great on you, your dress-to-skirt remake is ingenious, and I happen to know the skirt is awesome!

    ReplyDelete