Monday, August 11, 2014

Robin Williams...we never really knew you...enough...

Such passing is so hard for me to understand.  Robin Williams, a man I've never met, was such a part of our lives.  My kids really feel the loss.  Mrs. Doubtfire.  Aladdin.  Dead Poets SocietyGood Will HuntingGood Morning Vietnam. Awakenings.  And two of my very favorite movies EVER....The Fisher King and What Dreams May Come.  How we've cried through both of those!!!  And how we've laughed....James Lipton's interview from Inside the Actor's Studio, will bring you to tears due to laughing so hard.

On a lighter note...for Fred and Ruthie...from the man himself:
"Okra is the closest things to nylon I've ever eaten.  It's like they bred cotton with a green bean. Okra, tastes like snot.  The more you cook it, the more it turns to string."

And so that we can go on:
"No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world."

And so you did, Mr. Williams.  May you now have peace.  -c

3 comments:

  1. Such a loss...
    Never heard the okra quote! He had that one right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin will be missed! And I absolutely agree with him on the Okra!

    ReplyDelete