Saturday, November 6, 2021

Sew Chaotically! ~ Spring Knits and a Sweet Dress!

In late spring I got busy replacing some worn knit wear.  I've made 4 of these Pua Tanks by Paradise Patterns and just LOVE them!!  The first two test versions were made from knit fabric salvaged from tops that were over large and seldom worn.  Due to the confines of the fabric attained, they were a bit cropped but have been worn to bits on runs over the summer.  Two others, including the one below were made per pattern instructions in better fabric.  They have worked so well with loose linen pants and full skirts through the summer.  They will be great layering pieces through cooler weather as well! If you haven't already, I highly recommend giving this pattern a try!  Plus, it is free when you sign up for Sanna's email list!


While I could have used a double needle on the binding, I didn't feel like the bother and I'm not sad about it!!!  


Next up was a couple of Basic Instinct Tee's.  Such a great pattern from Sasha of Secondo Piano. I've made several for Rose and myself.  Check the link above.  They never disappoint!  

Just for fun I adjusted this version to have a little pleat at the top of the sleeve!

B picked out this lovely pale blue drapey crepe for me at JoAnn a bit ago.  It was perfect for this simple button front McCalls 8104.  Have to admit, I haven't had much occasion to wear it yet.  Still, between Roo and myself, I'm sure it will get a lot of wear in the end.

Finally, over the summer and into this fall, a whole other batch of knits have been stitched up!  More on that later.  But as the start of that fun, Roo and I had a great little shopping excursion to JoAnn - masks and all!!!  She picked cushy soft knits in prints she loved.  As part of what was made from this bright, tangy, citrus slice fabric, I traced off one of her fav tanks from Lands End and stitched up this little number.  It was perfect and allowed her to part with some worn and weary tops! 


More special knit adventures coming soon!  Sew chaotically! ~ les 

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you put up with my wild taste in prints. I think they are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are perfect for you!!! That's why I love for you to pick them!

      Delete