Thursday, August 15, 2019

Sew Chaotically! ~ Metamorphic dress, sun flowers, love and ~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Ruthie!


After the successful Metamorphic top, I embarked on the dress!  It's made up in two luscious fabrics:  Telio Viscose Denim in dark blue and Hudson Bay Hand Dyed Rayon Challis in Blue, both from Fabric.com  I cut the size corresponding to my bust measurement (size 10), utilized a one inch side seam on the bodice, and while I shortened the top by 3 inches, here I added 9 inches in length.  Because of the 'flimpiness' of both my fabrics, the dress is fabulously light weight and hangs nicely, though hemming was a bit of a nightmare in trying to keep things even and falling as they should.  In fact, after these pics were taken, I bit the bullet, whacked the muggled-up hem OFF, and completed a baby hem on both which made me much happier!!!  Not sure about the meaning of "FLIMPY"?  This post tells the tale:  Sew Chaotically! - Cute little summer dress ~ McCall's 7242


I love BOTH sides of this dress.  The waterfall color way is incredibly pretty, but I really like having the contrast effect on the "solid" side as well.  Plus, though not completely evident in these pics, the solid fabric has an especially lovely hand and a bit of a sheen to it.  I was super excited to get to wear it on a girls get-a-way with Roo down to Ruthie's!!!  And when Ruthie tells you she has a "special thing we are gonna do!  It's a surprise!" ~ She's for realz!!!!

How cute!!!  What????
Is this not SPECIAL??????
Keep'n it shady!  Yep, that's my Metamorphic dress (Sew Liberated) and check out Ruthie's Celestial dress (Pattern Fantastique) in a fab African Wax Print B picked for her!

Beautiful Roo, unfazed by the insane antics of her auntie and mum!




Thanks so much for a lovely visit, Ruthie!  Thanks for sharing it with me, Roo!  I don't know how I would manage without you two!!!  I am so lucky!!!  Much love to you both.  Happy, happy day Ruthie!!!!! ~ Cess

2 comments:

  1. It was such a fun time! And having seen your dress in person, I can testify to its flowy beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great visit! You are the hostess with the mostess!!!

      Delete