Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Sew Chaotically! ~ Tate 2!


In case you haven't noticed, swingy high necked tops are having a moment.  Check out Everlane's Japanese GoWeave High-neck top here ~

If you like this look, Workroom Social's FREE pattern, the Tate Top, is perfect!!!

I have LOVED my original Tate Top  made as prescribed by the pattern!  In this light as air handkerchief linen it has been the perfect care free summer top.


But, for fewer bra strap worries and multi-setting appropriate wear, I thought widening the shoulders a bit could help create a versatile piece from the same pattern.

This fabric, picked up from a shop in the Walthamstow Market a couple of years ago, was a BEAST to work with, but turned out perfectly in this top!

Here's my adjusted pattern, where I basically added 1 inch around the entire armscye.



As much as I love this top, I am Scott Boy Stoked about these PANTS!!!!!  Using this 90's Simplicity 6544 pattern I made view 2 in a fabulous piece of Japanese Denim B found at Gail K Fabrics in Atlanta.  I would do the zip insert a little differently if I were to make them again, but otherwise they have a neat construction and go together well.  This denim is perfection with a lovely hand and drape.  Being black it was hard to photograph, but here are more than enough shots to feel the love!!!









Thanks for the photos Bentie - and for being the best fabric shopper ever!  - les

No comments:

Post a Comment