Sunday, August 4, 2019

Sew Chaotically! ~ Metamorphic Dress by Sew Liberated as a top!


Once I finally decided to bite the bullet and pick up Sew Liberated's Metamorphic Dress, an ingenious reversible pattern, after admiring it for over a year, I went all in and got the most fabulous fabric for my dream dress!  Since, my LOVE of the fabric gave me pause, I decided to test the pattern as a top before cutting into it.  I had just enough yardage to make a shortened version of the "top" layer of the dress from the last bit of shirting in the 3 yard pack I purchased from Fab Scrap.  I figured the somewhat staid plaid would be neat juxtaposed against the hippy dippy vibe of this top!!!

I think it worked!!!  As I am very behind in posting some of my makes and have already made the dress version, I can tell you that making this up in a slightly stiffer fabric emphasizes the peplum appearance of the design, while a drappier fabric does not.  Additionally, when you add length and weight of the additional fabric required for a full length dress plus factor in the two layers for the dress your fabric will behave accordingly.  Nothing surprising about that really, but didn't want to mislead sewing peeps about how the dress vs this top from the same pattern will hang!


So happy with how this top turned out!!
It is quite twirlable!!!


Who says twirling stops at 55????

Having used my last cut in this make, I remain very happy with my Fab Scrap fabric purchases!  In addition to the yardage utilized in this top, you can see how I stitched up two other cuts here and another here!
Keep twirling and sew chaotically!!! ~ les

No comments:

Post a Comment