Sunday, July 21, 2019

Sew Chaotically! ~ Tate top and Lander pants! The perfect summer combo!!!


I have been a busy sewing bee, working to fulfill my summer sewing plans of versatile tops and good fitting pants! I'm SEW excited with some of these makes! Today I'll start blog catch-up with the FREE Tate Top by Workroom Social and the Lander Pants by True Bias!

This top was a bargain!  How do you beat a free pattern?  You sew it up in one cut from a cotton woven 3 yard pack from FAB SCRAP in "cool" picked up for only 15 bucks! 

This cut was a lovely light weight handkerchief linen.
I made a straight size 10.
Isn't it pretty???  This fabric is lovely and perfect for a summery version of this top.
Then there are THE pants!!!  Much like the other 9 zillion sewists who have made them - I LOVE my new LANDERS!!!!  Using a medium weight woven, also from FAB SCRAP, I made this pair as a test case and summer play pants.  I cut a straight size 8, but did have to take an additional 1/4 inch off both side seams at the waist, grading to nothing at the top of the pocket, using all of the 1 inch side seam allowance the pattern gives you to play with.  I added my own personal curved waist band and a couple of inches in length, as is my usual and THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!





Requisite dancing Lander bootie shot!  It's all good, I'm telling you!  Given the large front pockets, I opted to leave off the ones included for the back.  This fabric has a lovely hand and color.  It did have two faded lines in it, that I managed to place in the folded portion of the hem on one leg and just at the edge of the hem in the other.  Given the mottled nature of the fabric it is not very noticeable.  At the price I paid per yard, it was totally worth it, but wanted to give you an accurate report on the condition of the FAB SCRAP haul.  (A review of two more pieces to come.)

Thanks to Roo for being my photog during a great visit to Ruthie's!!!  Sew, travel, live and love chaotically!  ~ les

2 comments:

  1. As I saw these in person, I know that they are examples of exquisite tailoring! I didn't know about the photo session though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!! Thanks! Roo and I were out admiring all your beautiful flowers and she took some snaps!

    ReplyDelete