Saturday, March 23, 2019

Sew Chaotically! ~ Two Sasha Basic InstincT's!!!


Two disparate sewing inspirations with the same perfect answer!!!  Sasha's Basic InstincT pattern! I first made this incredibly well drafted, versatile tee here, with another for Roo here, and have been planning others ever since.

When I came across this sparkly gold knit remnant at JoAnn's I knew I could combine it with this silky black jersey for a Basic InstincT for Roo - the world's best teacher who's always willing to support her kiddo's at pep rallies and games in the school colors of BLACK AND GOLD!!! 

For myself, I was inspired by this (incredibly overpriced) tee from Anthropology.  I liked the contrast neck binding and relaxed fit.  Again, Sasha's tee with a strip of pink cut from the bright pink striped knit I used for Roo's Valentine Top and the last of my grey jersey, previously used for my Nikko and Melrose combo/separates, would be perfect!

Both of these are stitched up in size small with no alterations.  For Rosie's, the gold is stitched as an overlay only in the front, so that it would not be next to her skin as it is a bit scratchy.

Yep!  This will work for pep rallies!  Or, pair it with skinny jeans and she's ready for a night out!
For mine, I simply cut the neckband as drafted in the pattern, making sure to cut and fold it such that only the a pink portion from the striped fabric I used in Roo's Valentine top showed on the outside.  On a whim I added pink bands to the sleeves as well.  I love how they both turned out!!!!


This tee can be used in so many ways - both as a base pattern and in your wardrobe once it's made!  Worn here with a RTW blazer and jeans that belonged to my son when he was 13!
 Thanks, Sasha!!!  #followyourbasicinstinct and Sew Chaotically!!! ~ les

3 comments: