Saturday, April 18, 2020

For Kim!


Cancer sucks great big green stinky hairy wizard balls!  All day.  Every day.  It has no allegiance other than to destruction and chaos.  It recognizes no boundaries.  It strikes at will.  It is unfair.   At times it seems a burden that is too much to bear.  Yet love sees us through.


I am a huge believer in paying it forward.  However, today, as I honor my dear Kim who has been forced to join this crazy, painful, cancer journey, I hate so much that she should reap what she has so generously sown.  You see...
...this is my sweet Kim!!!!  Posing with my picture at our office because we had missed each other in real time that particular day!
Back in 2010, my incredible friends supported me and mine with more love and kindness than you can possibly imagine!!  Kim, furthermost to the right below, made the zillion ribbons you see worn in my honor at a "Beat the Beast" party before I was off to radiation and surgery for my brain and lung mets.




I have my ribbon still; precious among my talismans of love and strength with which I have been blessed.

In 2011, it was incredible to get to celebrate my return to work and hope as I joined my immunotherapy trial and got back into a more normal life.

Kim, Me, and Allison.  I am the blessed and lucky bug here!
And so today, I join the others who love her.  With appreciation for all she has given and shared with us.  Grateful for the love with which her generous spirit blesses all who know her.  She is strong.  She is wise.  She has an army of dear ones in her corner.  We are here, dear Kim.  We are here!  ~  Much love, c

1 comment:

  1. I will be sending her the most positive thoughts. It is wonderful how y'all are all there for each other.

    ReplyDelete