Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Sew Chaotically! ~ On the Kalle band wagon...


I've liked so many versions of the Kalle Shirt and Shirt dress by Closet Case Patterns floating around on sewing blogs and IG that I finally made my own!  It's a straight size 10 with the back lengthened by 1 inch and the front by 2 inches, side seams blended to match, and finished with bias binding.

I rounded the collar inspired by and using Lauren's tips from her blog at Guthrie and Ghani
As is true with most patterns, the appearance of the Kalle is much influenced by the material used.  I knew this stiffer cotton would lend the garment a boxy shape, which was the goal for this one.  However, I plan to make up another in a more fluid crepe for a completely different look!
I like it with my newly altered white jeans for now...but it should layer nicely in cooler weather!


Definitely fun to make and wear!  Happy Tuesday, Y'all!!! - les

2 comments:

  1. I love that color on you! Pretty fabric and nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a fun make - except it was during this garment that Bernie became more persistent in his problems!!!! But Nina has been a real treat! (Poor ol Bernie!!!)

      Delete