Monday, June 17, 2019

Sew Chaotically! ~ Romero trousers (shorts) for a purple durple!


With these trousers and an ancient pair of J Crew sailor pants as inspo, I wanted to make a pair!  Searching for an appropriate pattern I discovered The Romero Trousers by Pauline Alice.  Before I could get started, Rosie spied it and a couple of summer shorts for her jumped to the start of the sewing que.  This pattern is AWESOME!!!!!  I have complicated it a bit by using duck, but it was the best choice to get the look, in vivid color, that she was going for.  I have stitched up a 40, but with about an inch off the hem, 1/2 inch rather than the 5/8 inch side seams and small wedges out of the center back and side seams fading to nothing in about 4 inches.

The pattern stitches together perfectly and has a really ingenious way of dealing with the pocket and front piece.  I admit the written instructions hurt my head a little, but the great video (linked above) shows how to do it easy peasy.  I couldn't resist some serious  pocket love!
Aren't they the cutest??????
I used the straight waist band as prescribed and it stands away from the body just a bit.  On her next pair, already in process, I am using a self drafted curved band on that bit!  We'll see how it goes!
My girl is the best!  Aren't her flowers pretty?
Thanks to birthdays and Father's days...this week has blessed me with lots of fun with my peeps!  I got to visit with Fred-o a couple of days ago and yesterday I got to hang out with my purple durples!!!  Yes, it is like living life with stereo speakers as since Roo's been able to talk, I have heard the exact same words come out of these two, simultaneously when together, but also even when they are apart!!!  Yes, they are goof balls!  No, I wouldn't have it any other way!!!

Yep.  She's wearing a Sorbetto Top by Colette.  Her summer staple!


Live, love and sew ~ chaotically!!! - les

No comments:

Post a Comment