I made this plaid skirt and vest for Rosie a couple of months ago and now it was time to make mine!!! Using the same M3341 A-line skirt pattern and same type of fabric, a plush 100% cotton that looks like wool and feels so very soft, from Jo-Ann's - by the second time around I had learned a few things. However, this fabric piece too, was a little stretched out of shape. Since I am very familiar with sewing the pattern generally, my personal challenge was to do better with my print matching. I guess it is mostly common sense, but here is a tutorial I found that was really helpful: Sewaholic - How to match prints along seams
And we're off:
|Happy with print placement here! Though you can see how the plaid wants to "drift". But...you can't see my darts!!!|
|Super happy with both side seams!!! I cut carefully using info from the tutorial and then hand basted the seams before machine stitching.|
Anyhow, I love this skirt. It is cozy and pretty and I feel I met my personal challenge of trying to either learn a new skill or perfect an existing one with each garment I make. It was fun! Although with all the viewing of tutorials and hand stitching...B was getting suspicious that I was simply procrastinating in order to delay cutting into this behemoth!!!
|Double faced wool...the most expensive material I have dealt with so far!!!|
|Lions, tigers, and bears! Oh, my!!!|
Sew Chaotically!!! - love, c