Sunday, June 27, 2010

Repairs...

It has been a challenging week with repairs: to a bathroom ceiling...which I think have been successful. My dryer has gone psycho, sometimes leaving clothes wet no matter the setting and at other times roasting them to the point that they are almost too hot to touch. A repairman is ordering a part and hopefully all will be well next week. Rosie's car had to have its brakes repaired. I guess learning to drive on a mountain requires a certain amount of brake usage!!

On a human level, Rosie is almost fully repaired with her toothless-ness. And as far as I am concerned, let's just say Lance Armstrong ain't got nothin' on me!! It has been a hard week's slog, mentally and physically, but having finally become able to jog my 2 mile path regularly, I started working on a 3 mile track. At first it was more walk - jog - walk, but today....I jogged the whole way (except for "THE HILL" and 2 pee stops with Z)!!! I was very pleased. Rosie has been a huge encouragement for me this week because it has been TOUGH!! I have also restarted "core" (sit-ups, push-ups, {modified to be on my knees, but I can do them!!}, jelly-bellies, and plank). SO...with my PFT's tomorrow, we'll see where I am. Although, unlike Lance, my brain met has not led me to choose to have forty-leven babies. Unless, Ashley has a girl, then................ HA!!

Latest favorite paragraph, especially if you view "fog" as any vague, but incredibly tangible force that blocks one's way.......

FROM: Farthest North BY: Fridtjof Nansen

"...we went on...for a couple of days, plunged in a world of fog. Ugh! that endless, stubborn fog...When it lowers its curtain, and shuts out the blue above and the blue below, and everything becomes a damp grey mist, day in and day out, then all the vigour and elasticity of the soul is needed to save one from being stifled in its clammy embrace."

May your fog be lifted - c

1 comment: