Tuesday, June 28, 2022

For heavy hearts ~ Summer on the mountain...


EVERYTHING is just so much right now!  So many are wounded.  Hearts are aching.  In ways varied and heinous.  More will suffer before we can put things right.  I have no wand to make it better today.  Perhaps the words of a poet and the beauty Mother Nature affords me daily will provide a small solace.

HUMMINGBIRD for Tess ~

Suppose I say summer

write the word "hummingbird,"

put it in an envelope,

take it down the hill

to the box.  When you open

my letter you will recall

those days and how much,

just how much, I love you.

                            ~ Raymond Carter



























Wishing a moment of peace, hummingbirds, love and summer for each of you. ~ les

4 comments:

  1. Beauty is not caused. It is. - Emily Dickinson.

    So when we feel afraid and hopeless, know that beauty cannot be taken from us either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise words from 2 of my favorite ladies!!!!

      Delete
  2. they have the smell of summer too

    ReplyDelete