Monday, May 6, 2019

Sew Chaotically! ~ Celeste Archer! The start of a springtime top making roll!


In 2017 I was thrilled to make my second trip to Paris and that visit included fabric shopping!!!  I found this beautiful blue cotton print at the cutest little shop, Frou-Frou.  When I spied the label ~ well ~ 'Oiseaux Celeste' (Bird Celeste) had to come home with me!  I knew then it would make a lovely springtime Grainline Archer, previously made here and here.  And finally, she is done!


The drafting of Grainline's patterns works perfectly for me whether it is the Morris Blazer, Alder shirt dress or the Archer.  I made a straight 8 with no adjustments.  Isn't the fabric lovely?  It lived up to all my expectations and was a pleasure to work with!
I love the collar on both the Archer and Alder.  Though I have tried Grainline's method I have better luck with "alternative method" by Closet Case Patterns.  Give it a try if you haven't!
I used this cute cuff detail this time.
For this special make, I made an adjustment to my label!  Pretty guts!!!
And continuing my PSA's for melanoma awareness month...

Great strides have been made in melanoma treatment through the work of forward thinking researchers, the dedicated amazing hearts and lives of incredible ratties, and the dear ones who see them through!  But, we have a long way to go!  Protect the skin you're in!
Sew and live chaotically!  ~ les

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabric and perfect tailoring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really tickled with how well it turned out! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete