Saturday, December 17, 2011

All the critters are home!

Plus one! Fred got back last week. A friend of his...and ours...joined us yesterday. And we all went down to Atlanta to pick up Rosie and her things today! With Bent and T and Fred-o moving and grooving...it was a piece of cake!! Got to get back in the cooking groove for some big, active appetites! Rosie and I have already planned out the coming week. It's fun to have the busy bees back for a while!

Doing pretty well myself. Did the elliptical yesterday. With our early am start, moving Roo, and playing hookie with the kids this evening...that was all the exercise I managed today. I am confident Rosie will help whip me back into my routine in the coming weeks. Mouth ulcers remain...but the headache is finally gone...so that's a good thing.

Got a letter of apology from the aforementioned 'J. MD'...."Your thoughtful and detailed letter has allowed me to reflect on my deficiences." (His spelling..not mine. Have to admit, that sentence made me smile!) "Beginning your visit without reading your chart was incompetent. My remarks exhibited insensitivity and callousness on my part....In the future, I promise that my patient encounters will be attended with more compassion." Hmmmm, guess it's hard to remember to do spell check with one arm twisted behind your back by your internationally acclaimed attending! Perhaps I am too cynical. Hopefully, J actually learned something...if only that some patients will actually call you out...and adjust his efforts so that such complaints will never be needed again. Or maybe....he will really think about what it feels like to be the PATIENT! You reckon? - c

1 comment: