Monday, December 13, 2021

Sew Chaotically! ~ Cradle and bedding

Both my sweet babies slept in this cradle, often with silly Thimble - their fearless protector - snoozing underneath.  The somewhat useless 'comforter' - unless they were playing on the floor - and bumpers were theirs too!  Roo and Jamie were excited to use it, so I gave it a little up-grade!  A scrub and oiling got the wood in shape.  I replaced the original ribbons in the comforter with green ones and used the ribbon to add extra ties to the bumpers as well.




I stitched up a case, rather than a sheet, for the new mattress B procured, so you can use both sides.  For fun, I made them of different soft flannels, and made a reversable blanket to match!




Rock a bye and good night!   Sew much fun! - les 

2 comments:

  1. I love it. Somewhere up in the attic is the cradle Katie's dad made her. What a sweet hand me down. My eyes seem to be leaking.

    ReplyDelete