Thursday, October 10, 2019

Sew Chaotically! ~ The Mariana Jacket on our 'first' fall day!!!


I made this little linen-ish jacket a bit ago, but since my neck of the TN woods has been as hot as hell's front porch, today was the first day cool enough to need it!  The fabric is a funky 100% cotton canvas abstract print from fabric.com while the pattern is the FREE Mariana - unlined, notched collar jacket replete with its own tutorial on The --- Thread, all from Fabrics-store.com.  They have quite a collection of free patterns!  Check them out!

I made a straight size 4/6 as drafted.  My only adjustment was to use two buttons rather than the one the pattern prescribed.





Pretty stoked about my welt pockets!

I think it turned out really well!  I'm already planning one for Roo and another for myself in a more neutral fabric.  Happy fall, y'all!!!  Live and sew chaotically! - les

2 comments: