Monday, October 28, 2013

The Melanoma Avengers!!!!!

Yep!!!  The weekend came for our 1/2 Marathon relay in Kingsport!!! 

The Melanoma Avengers!!  Chill'n the evening before the race!
 
 
RACE DAY!!!  Iron Man, Thor, The Hulk and The Black Widow!  Melanoma doesn't stand a chance!!
My boys!!!
Cool Iron Man!  Sexy Black Widow!
Can Iron Man handle all this???
Uh oh!!!!  He may crack under the pressure!!!
Want to know my secret?  I'm ALWAYS angry!!!!
The best HULK ever!!!
The best Melanoma Avengers a girl could ever have!!!!
If the pictures fail to erase all doubt....we had the best time together this past weekend!  The kids were awesome!  Rose kicked the first 4 miles LIKE A BEAST running 7:30 mile pace.  Bentie brought it to me like a champ with Rose keeping pace beside him.  I grabbed the slap bracelet and took off with Roo for the next three.  (That girl is amazing!!!)  Running my best in what had suddenly turned into a cloudy, chilly day!  With Rosie right alongside, keeping me cheered and focused with her chatter as though she hadn't already run 7 miles!!!   And then....Freddo took over....BRINGING IT with 6 and 7 minute miles!!  We came in as a team at 2 hours 2 minutes, while Rosie did the whole she-bang on her own in 2h 8min!!!  We placed 46th of 125 teams!  Hey!  I'll take that!!!  But, best of all.....
WE WON!!!!!  We were all there.  Together.  Strong.  Happy.  Alive.  With love.  NOW! 
Take that...melanoma!!!! - c 

2 comments: