Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hope springs eternal...

Well, maybe it does and maybe it doesn't.  I tend to see eternally optimistic and hopeful people and others who couldn't carry a basket of hope if you cling wrapped it and tied it to them.  As usual, this quote doesn't mean the obvious to me (if you remember: March 4th = March forth....in my head).  Rather, it means...spring is the hope....that is eternal.  And so it is....through all the drear rain and cold...the crocus and the daffodils are peaking their heads out on the mountain.  New growth is evident on the forsythia, irises and hyacinths.  Of course, Brent has always referred to them as the "stupid flowers".  But, I like them. They are brave. They are optimistic.  They see spring on the horizon long before the rest of us.  Hope springs eternal.....or at least, spring does.

And, before I lay me down to sleep, I think of Steven's scans to keep, free and clear, and without an image, no thing to watch, no single blemish....No! Worry free...is what I hope, his scans will be.

Hopefully yours - c

2 comments:

  1. I hope your scans you well too, Steve!

    I wish spring would hurry up a little too! I'm cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore spring! My daffodils are coming up too! :) My very best wishes for Steven!

    ReplyDelete